Fairyland Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Score To A New Beginning

+17
lordjanus
Ray B
VeloX
Tulimyrsky
MightyFireLord
Naurbereth
Shardnax
WinterColdness
WarAutopsy
BldAngl
GameVampy
dragonfairy
jennifer
Alex Müller
The Inner Circle
NeoCrimson
Phil_Giordana
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Score To A New Beginning Empty Score To A New Beginning

Post by Phil_Giordana Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:15 pm

Hi everyone.

Here I will regularly inform you guys with the latest news about Fairyland's upcoming album: "Score To A New Beginning".

For now, and unless it changes, the album will include 10 tracks telling the last days of the Osyrhian wars. A good amount of guests will participate to the project, adding their musical skills to Fairyland's music.

Among these guests will be at least two "permanent guests", which means they'll occupy their post on the whole album: Marco Sandron and Fabio d'Amore, from Italian prog/power band Pathosray. Marco will have the lead role as singer in this opera-like piece. Other singers will join in to play secondary parts during the development of the story. Elisa C. Martin will be back for few cameos, Lars F. Larsen from Manticora will also play a part, as Ban Arbigaïl, a new character whose actions will have important consequences for Osyrhia...

Many other guests will join, and I'll soon deliver a list for you to discover...

meanwhile, I'll be leaving for Venice (IT) in a few days to supervise the vocal recordings with Fabio and Marco. This pre-production work will allow us to fix the final lines that will appear on the album itself.

more updates soon...
Phil_Giordana
Phil_Giordana
Admin

https://fairyforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Score To A New Beginning Empty Studio report (live from Venice)

Post by Phil_Giordana Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:29 pm

At last here I am in the studio to record the vocals of Fairyland's new demo. Here is a short resumé of these past few days:

Thursday November 22nd, 9h44 a.m, departure from the Nice train station to Ventimiglia, where I must catch my first correspondance. The national Railway Company strike doesn't interfere with my trip, and everything is fine when suddently...

The train stops on the railroad only 25 kilometers from Nice. Falling boulders have damaged the power lines. Sherry on the top, it's pouring just like a Flood revival and when the police and firemen come to evacuate the train, we have to use rudimentary paths with water up to our ankles. After joining the closest train station (400 meters away, under heavy rain), the 200 passengers and myself have to wait 1h30 for the SNCF coaches to arrive. I'm now headed for Monaco, where I must change all my tickets to find new correspondances and...pay a cancelation fee!

Another coach arrives at 14h to take us to Ventimiglia, where we arrive 4 minutes before the new correspondance for Milano leaves. After a brisk run to catch the train in time, my travel starts again, with altogether a time of arrival with more than 5 hours delay...

Next time, I'll take the plane!

Fabio and his Girlfriend Marianne picked me up at the Venice Mestre train station, and we left for Portogruano.

End of the "Dream Trip" part.

Friday was dedicated to the preparation of the reference tracks for the vocal recordings and the search of new keyboard sounds.

On saturday, Marco "Toffe" and Yvan joined us at the studio, and after some slight hardware problems, we started the recording. This first session was quite fruitful, as all the main vocal lines of the first song are finished: In the evening we had a great party with Fabio and many of his friends, to celebrate his 21st birthday.

Yesterday, we went onward with the recordings, concentrating on the harmonisations of the first song. Then we continued with the main lines of the second song. I am now waiting in the studio for Toffe, coming around 6p.m, to record the harmonisations of the second song and possibly the main lines of the third...

For now, the result is far beyond my wildest hopes, and I feel this collaboration will lead Fairyland to new summits...

More news coming soon!
Phil_Giordana
Phil_Giordana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Score To A New Beginning Empty Re: Score To A New Beginning

Post by NeoCrimson Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:53 pm

Hey, i'm new here. I'm to happy for the notice of the new album, i can't wait anymore for have it Embarassed

Well, i'll be here ever you need me =)

cheers

i forget, fairyland it's my favourite power metal band ^^, plus, my band have some of your style Embarassed
NeoCrimson
NeoCrimson
Foot Soldier
Foot Soldier

Back to top Go down

Score To A New Beginning Empty Studio pictures

Post by Phil_Giordana Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:45 am

Score To A New Beginning Dsci0010

Fabio, Marco and me...

Score To A New Beginning Dsci0011

Working in the studio...

Score To A New Beginning Dsci0012

Score To A New Beginning Dsci0013

Fooling around...

Score To A New Beginning Dsci0014

Marco "Toffe" and Ivan preparing the recording session...
Phil_Giordana
Phil_Giordana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Inner Circle Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:25 pm

Really nice... and funny !

I love the fourth one ! Wink
The Inner Circle
The Inner Circle
Stone-Bearer
Stone-Bearer

http://www.heavylaw.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil_Giordana Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:37 pm

And a short video in really low quality...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCzJSF440Bo
Phil_Giordana
Phil_Giordana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Müller Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:03 pm

amazing notice!!!

thx guys!!!
Alex Müller
Alex Müller

http://www.lastfm.com.br/user/Muller-_-/

Back to top Go down

Score To A New Beginning Empty Score To A New Beginning

Post by jennifer Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:20 pm

Hi Phil,
Its really great to have you back, where we -the fans- can express our opinions, and exchange views. The pics here are really great to see, thank you for adding them.The temporary site is okay...its contact that really matters here...and the coming together of the fans of Fairyland.... I didnt hesitate for a minute..knowing that you would be back on track again...Im there for you...always. Cool

jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoCrimson Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:22 am

that's all great Phil
thanks a lot ^^

P.D.: and nice pictures jeje

cheers ^^
NeoCrimson
NeoCrimson
Foot Soldier
Foot Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfairy Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:13 am

hey phil hows everthing going with the recordings its been a while sind the last update starting to get curious
dragonfairy
dragonfairy
Foot Soldier
Foot Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil_Giordana Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:03 am

Hi everyone!

I'm back from Venice where I have been spending 10 days in pre-production for "Score To A New Beginning". A lot of background work, with the recording of some reference guitar solos and the vocals of one of the new songs.

Now I only have one song left to finish for the main writing process to be complete. Then, I'll spend a bit of time working on some interludes and additional intros.

The time for me to upload a few pics (and maybe one or two videos), and I'll post everything on the forum.

ps: Very nice finish to my stay with, on saturday 12th of april, a concert of Pathosray (great performance, with a Marco in great shape), and sunday 13th with Forever Slave; Firewind and Kamelot in Milan (killer concert!).

More news coming soon...
Phil_Giordana
Phil_Giordana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfairy Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:46 pm

good to hear and i will defanatly wait for those pics

kamelot was great again only al that fog not good when your on the front row i went to amsterdam to see them en antwerp this time
dragonfairy
dragonfairy
Foot Soldier
Foot Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil_Giordana Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:44 pm

Some pics...

Marco "Toffe" Sandron on take

Score To A New Beginning Photos10

Fabio and Toffe at work

Score To A New Beginning Photos11

Alessio (Pathosray) and Iduring solo takes:

Score To A New Beginning Photos12
Phil_Giordana
Phil_Giordana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil_Giordana Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:09 pm

And a video. bad sound and fake guitars, but still...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUBHGBpZWrI
Phil_Giordana
Phil_Giordana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfairy Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:14 am

nice pics only the first one is a bit blurry

*oftopic*
and did you see the rule the world video of kamelot ?
dragonfairy
dragonfairy
Foot Soldier
Foot Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by GameVampy Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:39 pm

Seems like the new album is gonne be amazing once again^^ !!

dragonfairy wrote:kamelot was great again only al that fog not good when your on the front row i went to amsterdam to see them en antwerp this time
i was there in Antwerp aswell^^
Kamelot was indeed awesome!!
And their new video is lovely made!
I like them more and more^^
GameVampy
GameVampy
Foot Soldier
Foot Soldier

Back to top Go down

Score To A New Beginning Empty I love this Band!

Post by BldAngl Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:29 pm

I am a recent fan of Fairyland, only just found the time to listen to 'The End of an Empire' which I got some time ago, and it is fantastic! I am a Battle Metal fan first and foremost and listen to bands such as 'Rhapsody of Fire', 'Manowar' and 'Dream Evil', but this band has something unique to it, their music transports me into another world, it moves me, stirs the soul. I cannot get the music out of my head. So recently I went online to see if they have done any other albums and I came across 'Of Wars In Osyrhid'. Great I thought, another album like their second. But no, it was not meant to be, their first album with the singer Elisa Martin was for me, not good. It seemed to be all over the place, it had none of the power that their second album had, I was very disapointed. However I now hear their making another album! Great, I just hope it's as good if not better than than their second as that one rocks! If they do what they did for that they cannot go wrong, if they do the same as the first album their music career is over. Please keep with the theme of 'The End of an Empire', I have never heard better music than that. I salute you all for bringing it into my life.
BldAngl
BldAngl

Back to top Go down

Post by The Inner Circle Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:04 pm

Welcome to you here Smile

I hope you'll like the third album Very Happy
The Inner Circle
The Inner Circle
Stone-Bearer
Stone-Bearer

http://www.heavylaw.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WarAutopsy Tue May 27, 2008 1:00 am

Hey everyone! I've discovered this band last week thanx to the Rhapsody (Of Fire) forum. I like both album, but I prefer the first one so far after I've listened to both 3 times each.

I am very impressed by the quality of that music, particularly that I've never heard about it before. That's a shame to get such great music not shared with the whole planet!!

Long Live Fayriland!! And hope to see ya in Québec!!
WarAutopsy
WarAutopsy
Foot Soldier
Foot Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by GameVampy Thu May 29, 2008 11:57 pm

Cool you found out about Fairyland,
it surely is an amazing band with a unique sound^^

i also prefere the 1st album, but thats only cause of the female-voice

Have fun around here
GameVampy
GameVampy
Foot Soldier
Foot Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil_Giordana Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:19 am

Hi everyone!

Finally, "Score To A New Beginning" has been green-lighted by both Napalm Records and Avalon/Marquee. I am working right now on the studio planning, and will probably start the final recordings (at least keyboards and choirs to begin with) in a few days.

The album should be released early in 2009. The reason for this slight delay is that I'm still waiting for a last-minute guest to confirm his participation. If he does indeed guest on "Score...", his planning won't allow him to record before at least october. On the other hand, he will be a really nice addition to the guest list and is worth the waiting...

First studio reports coming soon.
Phil_Giordana
Phil_Giordana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GameVampy Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:49 pm

Yiihaaa, nice news u got there! Very Happy
GameVampy
GameVampy
Foot Soldier
Foot Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by WinterColdness Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:25 pm

Yes, good news indeed. I can't wait for this!
WinterColdness
WinterColdness
Foot Soldier
Foot Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil_Giordana Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:38 pm

*** PRESS RELEASE *** PRESS RELEASE ***

NEWS FROM “FAIRYLAND” – SEPTEMBER 2008

Hail!

It's been a while since Fairyland's last update. I've been quite busy with the pre-production of both Magic Kingdom's new album "Symphony Of War" for which I am taking care of the keyboards, and Fairyland's own "Score To A New Beginning", the final chapter of the Osyrhian Chronicles.

I am entering the studio as this statement is being published, ready to put all my heart in the making of Fairyland's new album.

It's been a fast, rough, furious and most of all interesting year since that ugly conjuncture within the band. As already stated, I won't say more about this, as I feel it is not a matter of public discussion.

So, more about the new Fairyland album...

The final Name of this album is "Score To A New Beginning", a name that surely fits the album, the era, and the changes within the band. It is still important to remember that the change is mainly based on the Line-up, a situation that has been met and easily been dealt with before. I remain the sole composer of Fairyland, and all the melodies and ingredients, that have made the band what it is, will be present on this new opus, with the addition of great musicians ready to share their skills and determination.

I've spent these last months recording the pre-production of the album, trekking back and forth between my home studio in Nice/France, and Portogruaro-Venice/Italy with Fabio (D'Amore from the band Pathosray) in his studio.

So here I am, ready to make the first step towards the release of "Score To A new beginning".

The new album took a life on it’s own when composing it, and I’ve received lots of positive feedback from amazing musicians all around the world interested in participating on it.

The main vocal character on the disc is the Italian singer Marco Sandron from the progressive metal band Pathosray. His voice fits perfectly into our style, and you can already now check out a demo-medley from the album right here (please note, that this is a pre-production demo and NOT a final album product): http://www.intromental.com/fairyland_demo_medley.mp3. Other vocal participations on the album will be by Elisa Martin (the original Fairyland vocalist from the debut album), Lars Larsen (from Danish power metal band Manticora) and Georg Neuhauser (from Austrian power metal band Serenity).

Here’s a list of the already confirmed guest musicians:

Marco Sandron (Pathosray): Vocals
Elisa C. Martin (Dreamaker): Vocals
Lars F. Larsen (Manticora): Vocals
Georg Neuhauser (Serenity): Vocals
Flora Spinelli (Kerion): Vocals
Fabio D'Amore (Pathosray): Bass
Dushan Petrossi (Magic Kingdom, Iron Mask): Guitar solos
Alessio Velliscig (Pathosray): Guitar Solos
Alex Corona (Revoltons): Guitar Solos
Chris Menta (Razordog): Rhythmic Guitars, Guitar Solos
Hugues Lefebvre (Anthropia): Guitar Solos
Yann Mouhad (Anthropia): Guitar Solos
Willdric Lievin (Hamka): Drums, some Rhythmic Guitars

All these guests are here by kind permission of their and our own respective labels, which I thank a thousand times - together with Intromental Management they helped make this whole project come together. A few more names will eventually be added to the list above, and we'll do our best to keep you all updated.

Meanwhile, here is the tracklist of "Score To A New Beginning":

01-Opening Credits
02-Across The Endless Sea Part II
03-Assault On The Shore
04-Leviathan
05-A Soldier's Letter
06-Godsent
07-At The Gates Of Morken
08-Rise Of The Giants
09-Score To A New Beginning
10-End Credits

The artwork and illustrations for “Score To A New Beginning” will be provided by Gonzalo "Genzo" Ordonez, who also did the artwork for our last album, “The Fall Of An Empire”.

I’m hoping to deliver you the best possible Fairyland ever, and even if this project has taken on a magnitude and involving more musicians than I originally set out to, I feel very confident in the material, and am sure that you will love the end result as well.

Catch you all really soon!

Phil Giordana, Fairyland
Phil_Giordana
Phil_Giordana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shardnax Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:57 am

Thanks for the update, I'm liking the demo, any idea on the month it'll be out?
Shardnax
Shardnax
Foot Soldier
Foot Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next