Fairyland Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gear

3 posters

Go down

Gear Empty Gear

Post by Vikingchild Thu May 15, 2008 2:58 am

On you're site I read u use a XP30. Well, I know the JV2080 engine, and I hear on both albums that u use some vst's. So, what else did u use... I'm always interested in gear related topics.

Vikingchild
Foot Soldier
Foot Soldier

Back to top Go down

Gear Empty Re: Gear

Post by Phil_Giordana Thu May 15, 2008 10:07 am

Hi.

For the recordings, mostly an old XP10 mixed with either EMU's Virtuoso or Reason's Orkester banks. For the new album, I'm working with the same gear plus East West Symphonic Orchestra...and maybe a few live string sessions if the planning works out Smile
Phil_Giordana
Phil_Giordana
Admin

https://fairyforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shardnax Fri May 16, 2008 2:09 am

I use FL Studio for just about everything. Thanks for pointing me to E-MU Phil, I've been trying to find a good set of orchestral synths for a long time. Also, any guess on the month the new album comes out?
Shardnax
Shardnax
Foot Soldier
Foot Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Vikingchild Wed May 20, 2009 11:19 pm

I'm still using my ES7. I had a Roland AX7, but i sold it, because it's useless for me as a player of sympmetal. I got 700 e for it, ridiculous price if you ask me, it's only a controller haha.

I'm thinking to switch to a Fantom X, and maybe a 61 key version because of the heavy transport weight. Roland has better sounds for symphonic metal I think.

Already bought some new gear Phil? I see something new on you're avatar, some m-audio, behringer controller?

Vikingchild
Foot Soldier
Foot Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil_Giordana Thu May 21, 2009 3:14 pm

Yep, that's your basic M-Audio midi controller. I used that one for the pics because it's light and looks nice Smile
Phil_Giordana
Phil_Giordana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vikingchild Thu May 21, 2009 3:21 pm

yeah, it's nice for the price. with all those Vsti you don't need anymore fancy stuff nowadays. I heard the promo of your new album. What did you use there? I hear ewql so. still using roland jv patches?

Vikingchild
Foot Soldier
Foot Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil_Giordana Thu May 21, 2009 5:14 pm

It's mostly EWQLSO with a few extra sounds from my Roland XP10 and some other soundbanks.

I'm probably gonna go all midi controllers with computer VSTs for live performances. It will allow me to automatize my banks/dynamics/bender/transposes changes without too much button fiddling and hopefully let me improve on my scenic performances :p

ps: the promo is ok, but the REAL album is much better, what with the cover, lyrics, pics... *nudge nudge, wink wink* Very Happy
Phil_Giordana
Phil_Giordana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vikingchild Thu May 21, 2009 11:48 pm

softsynths are powerfull, but taking the risk of a computercrash onstage is a scary thing.

However, I think it's cool that you create a couple of albums without large workstations.

you have to make sure your album also comes out in the netherlands. i will certainly support you bom

Vikingchild
Foot Soldier
Foot Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum