Fairyland Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lyrics ^^

+2
Phil_Giordana
__KoOl.
6 posters

Go down

Lyrics ^^ Empty Lyrics ^^

Post by __KoOl. Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:54 am

Hi Phil and Fairyland...I brazilian but I will try to take some conversation with you all since my english is not the best...
At first... you are an amazing band ^^
but I have had certain difficulty in obtaining the letters of the new album Score To a New Beginning and thought if they could help me.
Thanks a lot guys... and continue with the good job ^^

__KoOl.

Back to top Go down

Lyrics ^^ Empty Re: Lyrics ^^

Post by Phil_Giordana Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:49 am

Hi.

Honestly, the only thing I can tell you right now is to buy the album. The lyrics are in the booklet. Very Happy

By the way, this raises the question: when someone buys a full album on, say, itune, do they send the lyrics as well as the mp3s?

If not, I will have to think of something...
Phil_Giordana
Phil_Giordana
Admin

https://fairyforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lordjanus Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:53 am

HA good!! I was about to post this exact same topic!

Phil I bought the album from iTunes and NO they don't include the booklet! Therefore NO LYRICS! >=(

So yeah, I'd really appreciate it if I could somehow obtain them ^_^.

lordjanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil_Giordana Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:52 pm

Well, sorry to bust your chops, but after some discussion with Fairyland's management, it has been agreed that for now we won't release the lyrics on the web.

The main reason for that is piracy. It hurts the band, it really does, and the sole advantage we have so far is the lack of lyrics. We will try to do our best so that numerical retail sites can include lyrics in the package, although we are quite confident that a few hours after the first sale the lyrics will be all over the internet, as was StaNB's promo cd a few hours after first arrival to "journalists".

Nothing greedy there, just a real concern that the band might not continue to live long if we don't reach up to the label's expectations.

However, I am willing to study case-by-case situations via PM and eventualy find a solution...
Phil_Giordana
Phil_Giordana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lordjanus Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:56 am

Yeah I understand completely. Great bands such as yours deserve all the monetary support they can get! And piracy has gotten quite bad these days.

lordjanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Naurbereth Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:22 pm

The lyrics are avaliable on [some site somewhere] togheter with the lyrics from the first two albums.

Edit: Sorry Alex, I can't allow that. The lyrics will actualy be posted on this very forum next week, in a non-text version, but very nicely put as far as graphics go (courtesy of Cedric Ricci)...
Naurbereth
Naurbereth
Foot Soldier
Foot Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil_Giordana Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:44 pm

Alex, message edited, sorry...
Phil_Giordana
Phil_Giordana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Naurbereth Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:35 am

Ouch sorry Razz
Naurbereth
Naurbereth
Foot Soldier
Foot Soldier

Back to top Go down

Lyrics ^^ Empty Looking forward to lyrics

Post by chocobochicken Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:59 pm

Phil,

I just registered to say thanks for promising to make the lyrics available to us this coming week. I fully share and respect your concerns of piracy, but on the other hand, I just don't buy physical CDs anymore. Given that the lyrics are sometimes indecipherable and yet crucial to fulfilling the adventurous spirit of your music, it's been a big disappointment not to have them available so far, and I feel like I'm missing half the experience.

As for iTunes, booklets typically aren't distributed, but there have been exceptions. I recently purchased the special edition of Nightwish's "Dark Passion Play" off iTunes, and the download package included an extremely impressive, high resolution PDF booklet scan. I don't know what kind of resources it would take to push this kind of special iTunes release, but considering the stunning album artwork and significance of your lyrics, I think such a release would be worth investigating in the future. I know I would pay more money for such a special edition release.

It's worth noting that I discovered your music through iTunes' "Just For You" recommendation, have since purchased all three albums, and have been playing these songs repeatedly on my ipod. Your albums have provided fantastic mood music to help motivate me through long nights writing college papers and dreary days at my office cubicle, and I just can't get enough of it. So thank you for all the hard work you put into this, and I look forward to future works!

Jeremy, a.k.a. "chocobochicken"

chocobochicken

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil_Giordana Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:27 pm

Hi Jeremy.

Thanks a lot for the kind words.

The management and myself are trying to work something along the lines of a full numerical package, although I don't know when it will be put into effect. I'll keep your exemples in mind for further negotiations.

I'm still waiting for cedric to have the time to put a nice jpg version of the lyrics, but meanwhile it's been made obvious that you can find them online with a bit of google search.

cheers!
Phil_Giordana
Phil_Giordana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tulimyrsky Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:15 pm

I wanna put a lyric site here and see what happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But on the other hand, maybe not...
Tulimyrsky
Tulimyrsky
First Lance
First Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Tulimyrsky Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:35 am

An update, I was able to find the lyrics in 5 seconds on Google. Though they're useless to me since I own the CD, you'd be able to find it if you really wanted them. Though please, just buy the CD.
Tulimyrsky
Tulimyrsky
First Lance
First Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum